AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

US Call Extension in International Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to use a google forwarding number in my call extensions for campaigns that target other countries outside the US. My phone number is a US number. Does this work? If so, when someone from another country clicks to call the number, how is the country's exit code handled?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: US Call Extension in International Campaigns

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Phone extensions with Google forwarding number works only in the US; Germany and the UK. The service has not been launched globally;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok . . .
does that mean you can't use forwarding numbers for businesses outside the US/Germany/UK, or does that mean that the forwarding number won't show to visitors outside US/Germany/UK?

either way when my US number shows to a german visitor, how is the country's exit code handled?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
hmm... my understanding is that if you target in the same campaign, countries where service is available, and countries where service is not available, then the number will be shown only in ads appear to users physically located where the service is available;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’