AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

URL:s to Ad Customizers

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys!

I´m new to using Ad Customizers and need at bit of help.
When I have set up my feed I also have a uniq URL for each product. How can I insert that to my ad?
My plan is to build a first campaign based on this list of products that my client always has in stock. So i put that in one campaign and one adgroup and write one or to ads that inserts product name and brand. But how do solve the URL so that my ad points direct to the product in question?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stefan B
December 2016

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

As far as I know dynamic replacements are not possible in display URL or destination URL. 

There is a workaround where you can pass a valuetrack parameter like {adgroupid} or {Keyword} and land users on a redirection page which detects the dynamic parameter and in turn sends user to the intended landing page.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stefan,

This is a useful documentation on ad customisers. I'd also reccomend becoming familiar with the feed placeholders

Hope this helps

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stefan B
December 2016

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

As far as I know dynamic replacements are not possible in display URL or destination URL. 

There is a workaround where you can pass a valuetrack parameter like {adgroupid} or {Keyword} and land users on a redirection page which detects the dynamic parameter and in turn sends user to the intended landing page.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stefan,

This is a late answer to your post, but I think there may be a simple solution to utilize customized attributes in the Final URL of your text ads. The Final URL section requires a static domain to be entered in "http://Yourdomain.com". To customize it, you can add the balance of the URL using the following syntax for an uploaded customized attribute: 

http://yourdomain.com/{=YourUploadedCustomizedDatasetName.AttributeName} 

The attribute should be a custom text attribute that contains the url with the domain removed.

For instance, if this is your landing page URL: http://www.yourdomain.com/Folder/document.html

your attribute should be: Folder/document.html

Hope this helps, 

Adam W.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That looks like a very convenient solution. Have you been able to test this?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Christian,

I have tested this. Unfortunately, the following error message is received when the landing page loads:

The requested URL /{=HTAds.ProductLink} was not found on this server.

If anyone else has any solutions, please put them forward.

Thank you.