AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

URL in ad headline

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ads are showing my URL in the headline - with the URL first and then the first line of the ad.

I'm aware of the article:

http://adwords.blogspot.co.il/2011/05/showing-display-url-domain-in-headline.html

Ideally I want my ad headline and then the second line - I do not want the URL in the headline.

Any advice?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: URL in ad headline

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

Ideally it's the way how Adwords shows the top ads in Google search results. If you are already aware of the article, then you would also see that these are the experimentations performed by Google in order to give high level of customer experience while searching online to the users. Few factors which as per my understanding they take into consideration includes relevancy, CTR etc..

I would suggest you to actually look at the results how they are varying for you when your ads are on top and when on side in terms of ROI. If you are getting good results on right side, then you might think of lowering your bids to achieve more sales/leads.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

Ideally it's the way how Adwords shows the top ads in Google search results. If you are already aware of the article, then you would also see that these are the experimentations performed by Google in order to give high level of customer experience while searching online to the users. Few factors which as per my understanding they take into consideration includes relevancy, CTR etc..

I would suggest you to actually look at the results how they are varying for you when your ads are on top and when on side in terms of ROI. If you are getting good results on right side, then you might think of lowering your bids to achieve more sales/leads.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj - it looks like the ads switch between URL | Headline and Headline | Second line.

Which means I can't rely on crafting an ad that uses the headline and second line as a good combo. Oh well.