AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

URL Parameter to Force Language Landing Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am creating adwords display ads targeting Spain in Spanish language. We have a multi store view magento site, with various languages. Do I use a parameter on my destination url to force open the Spanish landing page in adwords ads, like I would do in Shopping Campaigns? Is this acceptable for adwords ads? And is it the preferred way? This is the only way Google wants our ads for Shopping campaigns, so I would think it would be the same for Display ads - but I also noticed that there are new ways of adding url tracking parameters for adwords ads, so would this language url parameter be added in that area, or simply at the end of our destination url when setting up the ad?

Thank you for taking the time to help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: URL Parameter to Force Language Landing Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The tracking parameters are not going to affect the actual page - but will just add, well, tracking information.

You should send your Spanish visitors to the Spanish page- so , probably something like www.mysite.com/es/products/blahblah

You can drill down as much as you want... but always in the /es/ part of your site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for this.

Our url would look more like www.mysite.com/products/?_land=es

The last parameter would force open the page in Spanish language.

Would that url be ok for adwords ads?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
HI Troy,
Dynamic Valuetrack parameter which you probably are using for shopping campaigns is {product_language} and that is available only in shopping campaigns and not in display or text ads.

But what you can do is if you have separate campaigns for each language then you can use {lpurl}??_land=es at campaign level.

Hope this helps
Regards
Nikhil

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog