AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

UI shows Internal Server error when processing Customer Match List

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We successfully uploaded two CrmBasedUserLists (CustomerMatch UserLists) through the API. However after a few days, the AdWords UI reports this message: "Error with the last upload".

Clicking into the CrmBasedUserList in the UI shows a different message: "Internal server error. It looks like our internal servers had an error during upload or process. Try re-uploading."

We re-loaded the list in error, but several days later we saw these same messages again. Can anyone explain what this error refers to? Or provide a way that I can troubleshoot this issue? Attached is an image of the second message and the list in error.

Adwords_UI_CustomerMatch_Upload_Error.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: UI shows Internal Server error when processing Customer Match List

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Hunter,
Could be a bug, but below are some other possible reasons.

How big is the file you're trying to upload? I believe the file limit size is 25MB. If your file is larger in that it might not take the upload. If it's large, try breaking up into smaller files and upload separately.

Also, check for any formatting errors in your file.

Customer Match File Requirements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brian,

The lists are actually being loaded via the API, so file size shouldn't be an issue. The only requirement there is at most 10,000 hashed emails per API request. The issue we are having is that *after* a successful upload of a complete list using the API we see the error I linked above.

That leads me to think this is a bug, and not anything wrong with our API request. I am also  looking for information about what this error could mean, since it is pretty vague.

Thanks.

Hunter.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Hunter,

Thanks for posting to the Community! There is no known issue or bug that's been reported on this. Have you tried doing the upload in a different browser, in an incognito window, or after clearing your cache & cookies?

Cassie