AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Two Ads on same webpage

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

In one of my Display campaign, which is running on CPM basis. I have seen my two Ads(in different sizes) are coming up on a single page(one on top and other on bottom). I don't think it will be of any worth to show my Ads two times on the same webpage.

Will Google count this as 2 impressions or 1..?
How can I block this situation..

Thanks
Puneet

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two Ads on same webpage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Puneet,

Yes, I believe it will count as 2 impressions, and unfortunately, I don't know of a way to control that,

Regards,

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
hi puneet,

This should not happen as google adwords at a time displays only 1 ad. Are these ads from different adgroups using same theme/categories?

Mehdi

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Double serving limits the ads shown per account on the search networkThis dose does  not apply to the display.

On the display, my view, it is an  advantage, if you are able to show your ad in more than one slot. (It has the effect of a major  brand)

You can limit the number of ads shown per user, by setting a frequency capping per unique user,

See details instructions in the following link;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404248?hl=en&from=117579&rd=1

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe, great insight!

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mehdi M,

I have created only single ad group with managed placements.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@Moshe

Very interesting stuff, what about placements with search engines, do those not qualify for the double serving policy as keywords can be used in the Display Campaign ?

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

This policy, known as "double serving," prevents multiple ads from the same or commonly-owned company from appearing on the same search results page.

This means that whoever bids on CPM can lose money by double displaying if it does not cap impressions to 1 ad group per user per day.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian B,

"what about placements with search engines", There are no placements with search engines. AdSense for search are the Search Partners. You can not target or block these sites as placements.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
I mean websites like youtube where you have an internal search engine and it uses search terms to direct users to internal pages. You can search in youtube , doesn't that qualify for context targeting caused by a search ?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Adrian,

I thougt that double serving was about having double websites with the same products. And coused by that having the same keywords.
Not about seeing ad from the same display campaign.

Note : You are writing about cap to 1 ad group, you can cap to 1 campaign too.

I do not understand what kind of problem you are talking about. Kind of combination search and display problem you see?

** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.