AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Two Ad groups have same campain and same keywords

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Campaign : England

Location setting :

Kensington

London

Ad group 1 : 

Kensington Visa Vietnam

Ad 1 : 

Vietnam EVisa™ Kensington

Visa to Vietnam from Kensington

Apply Now! Then get Visa at Airport

www.Vietnam-Evisa.Org/Kensington

Dest URL : https://www.vietnam-evisa.org/vietnam-visa-form.html

Ad group 2 :

London

Ad2

Vietnam E Visa ™ London

Visa to Vietnam from London

www.Vietnam-Evisa.Org/London

Two ad groups have the same keywords. But You can see, when people in London search keywords could see ad 1 in Kensington. Because 2 ad groups have same campain and same keywords ? How to solve this problem : I mean how people in London search and only see ad 2 (London)

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two Ad groups have same campain and same keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi KhanhLa,

This is a slightly confusing to me but I'm going to try and help here.

I'm not very familiar with that area of the UK but it looks to me like Kensington is inside of London so by targeting London, you will be targeting Kensington.  I'm also noticing that you're using the same landing page for both ad groups/ads, I don't think you're going to benefit from targeting Kensington by itself.  I think you could get away with using London in your ad text and be fine with just one ad group, although I didn't notice any mention of London or Kensington on the landing pages at all...you could even remove the location from the ad all together.

Hope this helps!

-Tom 

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry PPC, 

Maybe Im wrong. I will describe again : 

Campaign : England

Location setting :

Liverpool

London

Ad group 1 : 

Liverpool Visa Vietnam

Ad 1 : 

Vietnam EVisa™ Liverpool

Visa to Vietnam from Liverpool

www.Vietnam-Evisa.Org/Liverpool

Ad group 2 :

London

Ad2

Vietnam E Visa ™ London

Two ad groups have the same keywords. But You can see, when people in London search keywords could see ad 1 in Liverpool. Because 2 ad groups have same campain and same keywords ? How to solve this problem : I mean how people in London search and only see ad 2 (London) and not see ad Liverpool.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello KhanhLa, here is a good setup for you. You have to create 2 campaigns for this:

Campaign1 : London

Location setting :

London

- Kensington  (set up Kensington as exclusion for this campaign)

Ad group 1 :

London

Ad2

Vietnam E Visa ™ London

------------------------------------------------

Campaign2 : Kensington

Location Settings: Kensington

Ad group 1 : 

Kensington Visa Vietnam

Ad 1 : 

Vietnam EVisa™ Kensington

Visa to Vietnam from Kensington

www.Vietnam-Evisa.Org/Kensington

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author KhanhLa
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi KhanhLa,

zoicaremus' suggestion will certainly work for what you initially posted and the same for your followup post.

Based on your previous post on another thread, I'm curious if maybe there are other ways to go about this:

"I have an account which has many campaign, each campaign = each country. In a country has many cities. If I create ad groups for those cities. How AdWords knows which city are match with ads (keywords are same all cities)?"

My impression is that you are duplicating your campaigns and adjusting the targeting to certain cities within certain countries and then changing your ad headlines.  I'm also not sure how wide of a reach you're looking for or how many countries you are targeting.

If your goal is to target these entire countries, you may save yourself some work by actually targeting the whole country with one campaign.  There seem to be no other variables that are changing other than your ad text.  It appears that you are using the same keywords and same landing pages for every ad group.

Just a thought...by no means the only way to go about this.

-Tom 

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks all you. I think I should change my structure of my account.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi KhanhLa,

You're quite welcome.  Here is my suggestion,  gather your goals and exactly what you are looking to accomplish with your advertising efforts and outline the points in a new thread, asking for suggestions on how to properly structure and target your campaign.  

You'll get more feedback that is specific to what you are trying to accomplish before you re-structure.

-Tom

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi KhanhLa,

The only way to accomplish this is with 2 separate campaigns, each geo-targeted at the appropriate region. The same for your grand plan--targeting an entire country with the campaign with ad groups for local areas. There no reliable way to control geo-targeting at the ad group level.

Hate to be the one to bring you bad news. You have a lot of work to do.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords