AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

True View Videos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there!

I am currently looking into true view videos using google adwords. However there are some doubts regarding the set up. Hope someone out there can assist!

1. Do i need to open a youtube accounts to link to my google mcc?

2. If i have to open a youtube account to link to google mcc, what if i have many different advertiser, do i need to create 1 youtube account each for google mcc?

3. Or should i just open a default company youtube account and put in all my different advertiser video and target accordingly?

4. I realize that during the video set up, we are not be able to upload our own video from computer. We need to enter the link of the video i want to target using the video from my youtube account, am i right?

5. In stream ads- if my video is 3 mins long, i understand that user will only pay when they did not skip the ads and watch more than 30 seconds. So may i check at the end of the in stream ad, is user directed to my ad destination url or there is a destination url for end user to click?

I've read a lot of the best practice and set up for true view video. However i am still really very unsure of the setting up and outcome. Hope to get good replies!! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: True View Videos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
i would like to know if youtube has a single login that can manage different accounts just like google mcc?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Misc123,

You asked many questions in this thread Smiley Happy

As I am not much aware of youtube Ads. I found thread in which Google Employee 'Valentine" shared some of the insights. Please read thread here & here.

Hoping this will answer some of your queries. 

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you so much NehaGupta.

I've read them but non was answering my questions. Maybe some Google employee who is passing by can help? Thanks!!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

oops Sorry Smiley Sad

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It's okay... here is a place for sharing. let's wait for somebody to help! still, thank uu so much!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi misc123,

Ans -  Google recommend that you link your YouTube account to your AdWords account. You'll also be able to create call-to-action (CTA) overlays for TrueView in-search and in-display formats.

To link your accounts, click Link your YouTube account from the AdWords for video side navigation menu on any AdWords for video campaign page.

2. If i have to open a youtube account to link to google mcc, what if i have many different advertiser, do i need to create 1 youtube account each for google mcc?

Ans - You can also link more than one YouTube account to your AdWords account. Google has integrated the ability to manage and receive reporting on these video ad types from within the AdWords interface. Advertisers still have to upload the video assets at YouTube, but can link multiple YouTube accounts to their AdWords account.

For more information visit here.

3. Or should i just open a default company youtube account and put in all my different advertiser video and target accordingly?

Ans - Given above

4. I realize that during the video set up, we are not be able to upload our own video from computer. We need to enter the link of the video i want to target using the video from my youtube account, am i right?

Ans - Find how to upload videos.

5. In stream ads - if my video is 3 mins long, i understand that user will only pay when they did not skip the ads and watch more than 30 seconds. So may i check at the end of the in stream ad, is user directed to my ad destination url or there is a destination url for end user to click?

Ans - After five seconds, the viewer has an option to skip the ad. For videos 30 seconds or longer, you'll be charged when the viewer reaches the 30 second point of the video. For videos shorter than 30 seconds, you'll be charged when the viewer completes the video.

Hope I could help!

Thanks
Anchal

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Anchal,

Really appreciate your time in replying all of the questions. Thank you so much!!!

Ans -  Google recommend that you link your YouTube account to your AdWords account. You'll also be able to create call-to-action (CTA) overlays for TrueView in-search and in-display formats.

To link your accounts, click Link your YouTube account from the AdWords for video side navigation menu on any AdWords for video campaign page. Noted thank you so much!

Ans - You can also link more than one YouTube account to your AdWords account. Google has integrated the ability to manage and receive reporting on these video ad types from within the AdWords interface. Advertisers still have to upload the video assets at YouTube, but can link multiple YouTube accounts to their AdWords account.

For more information visit hereNoted thank you so much!

Ans - Given above

Ans - Find how to upload videos. I'm trying to ask when we are the creating ad page. They will ask us to search by channel or video url, is this the page that we need to choose our video for targeting? 

5. In stream ads - if my video is 3 mins long, i understand that user will only pay when they did not skip the ads and watch more than 30 seconds. So may i check at the end of the in stream ad, is user directed to my ad destination url or there is a destination url for end user to click?

Ans - After five seconds, the viewer has an option to skip the ad. For videos 30 seconds or longer, you'll be charged when the viewer reaches the 30 second point of the video. For videos shorter than 30 seconds, you'll be charged when the viewer completes the video. I mean at the end of the in stream video, does it direct the user to advertiser direct website or there's a link at the end of the video to prompt the user to click? I'm aware of the charging part.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Oh hmm Anchal, i've 1 more question! Sorry for bombarding you. I would like to know for eg if i create a youtube account and upload multiple videos from different advertiser.

1. How can i make it not public for anyone to see my uploaded videos? I just want to upload the video so that i can use the link to target my ads.
2. If i were to do in search or in display ads, when someone click they will go to my video page. On the video page, will other people see my other uploaded videos? If it does, how can i make it not to be seen?

Reasons so was because i've many different advertisers. I don't want other people to view the videos i've uploaded for another advertiser.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Q: I'm trying to ask when we are the creating ad page. They will ask us to search by channel or video url, is this the page that we need to choose our video for targeting?

This is a category on which basis you want to show your ads.

Q: I mean at the end of the in stream video, does it direct the user to advertiser direct website or there's a link at the end of the video to prompt the user to click? I'm aware of the charging part.

The ad can appear when a user initiates video play either in the beginning (pre-roll), at points in between (mid-roll), or after (post-roll).

i think this link will help you in your further query:

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&guide=1719823&topic=1719827&page=guide.cs&answ...

Its just a thought!

Thanks
Anchal