AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Trouble with Automatic Bidding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used to bid automatically for my campaign, but I began to drop out of the top 3 spots (I think there was more competition for my keywords). Do you have any suggestions as to how I could use automatic bidding and manage to stay in the top 3 spots for my most important keywords? It is hard to stay within my budget with manual bidding.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Trouble with Automatic Bidding

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi JaqWhite,

I did a post a while back about automated rules and the requirements I used to target between 2.2 & 5. You can find it here. It might help you set your own up.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jaq,

You Might noticed Automatic bidding is ideal for advertisers who don't want to spend a lot of time setting bids, but would like to get the most clicks possible for their ads within their budget. If at any time you don't like the bid suggestions, you can easily switch to using manual bidding which gives you full control to set the bid amounts yourself. It is nothing to do with your ad position. You may consider automated rules, but it will run only once in a day. So i think you may consider any third party bidding tool to fulfill your requirement.
Sandeep Kumar Sharma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for replying.

Automated rules only apply to manual bidding, right?

My main question is- Can I use automatic bidding and control my average position (both at the same time)?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello JaqWhite,

Sandy has come with a good suggetion .And

Yes, you can use  automatic bidding and control your avg position at the same time.

To do this select keywords>automate>change maximum cpc bids when>automatic action ( put the value) >Requirements>CTR (click the drop down menu) > Avg position>worse than>3

Hope this helps you.

Azad

I am on Google+

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi JaqWhite,

I did a post a while back about automated rules and the requirements I used to target between 2.2 & 5. You can find it here. It might help you set your own up.