AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Translated keywords and ads?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Has anyone ever done any adwords using translated keywords and ads?  Did you have good results?

I tried searching keywords translated in Google Saudi Arabia, Russia, Germany, etc. and even though my keywords were translated I still saw ads showing up in english.  I thought these ads would have shown up in their own language?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Translated keywords and ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
Adwords does not translate. The basic is keyword is matched  to a search query in the language the keyword is written (Though that is not that simple. However, I don't want to make the issue complicated. At a glance: think of Arabic. A query in Arabic could  match keywords in various dialects of Arabic spoken in different countries. So, it's the combination of a language and geo-targeting that defines the audience/ people targeted.

I also, would not recommend to to try and translate the  ad-copy  / ad-text or keywords. Language is a matter of culture. A translation  of an ad-copy from English to German could be done only by someone fluent in German who knows the how to  "deliver"  the message -  not just to translate text. 

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Ok, thank you! But lets say I do get someone fluent in German to translate my ads to German; will the ads perform better on Google Germany or would it be the same type of conversions if I had the ad in English?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well...if you target Germany, I would set a landing page in German, ads in German and keywords in German, After all, you wish to target German-speaking users - Don't you?

If you wish to target EN speaking users - the same would apply but in EN only.

You should set your campaign to target your audience (i.g to target by location and by language) - This is a key in AdWords.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI olimits7

Moshe has answered your question, but I would like to share some of my experience with you:
We have a lot of tourism clients and when we create a LP, AD and select KW from the native language, oru CTR, CV, and CVR raised from 30% to 5 times.
Therefore it's not enough to pick the KW or translate the ads to the market language, but also to prepare the landing page and have someone who can answer a phone call or e-mail on that language.
Either that or use everything in English - that's from my experience.