AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Translated keywords and ads?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Has anyone ever done any adwords using translated keywords and ads?  Did you have good results?

I tried searching keywords translated in Google Saudi Arabia, Russia, Germany, etc. and even though my keywords were translated I still saw ads showing up in english.  I thought these ads would have shown up in their own language?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Translated keywords and ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
Adwords does not translate. The basic is keyword is matched  to a search query in the language the keyword is written (Though that is not that simple. However, I don't want to make the issue complicated. At a glance: think of Arabic. A query in Arabic could  match keywords in various dialects of Arabic spoken in different countries. So, it's the combination of a language and geo-targeting that defines the audience/ people targeted.

I also, would not recommend to to try and translate the  ad-copy  / ad-text or keywords. Language is a matter of culture. A translation  of an ad-copy from English to German could be done only by someone fluent in German who knows the how to  "deliver"  the message -  not just to translate text. 

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Ok, thank you! But lets say I do get someone fluent in German to translate my ads to German; will the ads perform better on Google Germany or would it be the same type of conversions if I had the ad in English?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well...if you target Germany, I would set a landing page in German, ads in German and keywords in German, After all, you wish to target German-speaking users - Don't you?

If you wish to target EN speaking users - the same would apply but in EN only.

You should set your campaign to target your audience (i.g to target by location and by language) - This is a key in AdWords.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI olimits7

Moshe has answered your question, but I would like to share some of my experience with you:
We have a lot of tourism clients and when we create a LP, AD and select KW from the native language, oru CTR, CV, and CVR raised from 30% to 5 times.
Therefore it's not enough to pick the KW or translate the ads to the market language, but also to prepare the landing page and have someone who can answer a phone call or e-mail on that language.
Either that or use everything in English - that's from my experience.