Transferring an AdWords account WITH a non-profit grant
If an agency is handling an AdWords account, along with a non-profit grant for a client to pay for the AdWords - how do we transfer the AdWords to a company-owned account while keeping the grant?
Re: Transferring an AdWords account WITH a non-profit grant
Thanks for posting your question to our forum.
As long as the billing is tied to the non profit that received the grant it should be fine. You can add the agency as an account manager by linking it with an MCC account.
The agency using their MCC account would do the following:
- Retrieve your client's (non-profit) AdWords Customer ID number (which appears in the top corner of AdWords account pages).
- Sign in to the MCC at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click Link existing accounts, which appears above your managed accounts table.
- Enter your client's Customer ID number in the appropriate field.
- Click Continue, then Submit.
- When you click Submit, the nonprofit will receive an account notification that invites him to link to your account. If he's an administrator on the account, he can accept your invitation by visiting "My account" > "Account access" in his account and clicking "Accept invitation."
During this process, the MCC will see a pending notification for the (soon-to-be) managed account in your MCC. Upon the client's acceptance, the MCC will receive a confirmation notification and the account will be automatically linked to your MCC.