AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Transfer Site Stats & Campaign To New Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The marketing agency that is currently running a campaign for me has stated that they will be unable to transfer the stats to my account, however I'm reading that they can export and then I can potentially import a CSV file for this account. They are saying that will not work.

Can anyone verify that if they export a CSV of my campaigns that I will be able to import and view the campaign stats in my own account?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Krstin D,

Google guidelines say they should be using your account unless for some reason you wanted a separate account. They can export the campaign setup, but not the data.

If the agency is set up properly, they should be able to give you access to at least see the data, but not necessarily to change campaigns. If they tell you they have other clients' data in the same account, that's a big guideline violation. If that's the case, fire them and start with a new agency that does things properly. You should always have access to your data and campaign stats.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

I couldn't agree with @petebardo more! Smiley Happy There is no reason why you shouldn't own, and have administrative access to your account. If that's the way these folks do things, then odds are there's not much value to the existing account, and starting over again may be the best thing to do. You should have that historical market research data, and it is useful when restructuring an account. However, if there was no conversion tracking, and the agency didn't communicate with you regarding the advertising strategy, then the historical data is practically worthless, and you don't really have anything to lose.

Tom

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

They are correct.  You can copy a campaign structure to a new account, but all of the data and stats will be lost.  You'd essentially be starting over.  I ALWAYS think an old account, even with bad data, is better than starting from scratch.

Is there a reason you can't use the current account?