AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Traffic Estimates for managed placement of Display Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can i estimate about the managed palcement for the Display ads for a perticular budget.

i want to run a display ad on perticular site. how can i estimate tht

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Traffic Estimates for managed placement of Display Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello PunitChandak; welcome;

Traffic estimator is not available on the display network due to the difficult statistical calculations involved and the big variance.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2392975 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again,

As TC Moshe said above, there is no tool as such which guides you about CPC bids for placements. But I would like you to read this thread where Moshe and Shweta have shared some of the excellent thoughts on bidding estimates on GDN.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;

For the same reasons I listed above bid estimate is not available on the display network.

As a rule of thumb, it is lower than the on Search. By how much? ...tough question.... I usually start in high competition markets,   at around 80% of the Search bid for the same keyword (when using keywords for contextual targeting)

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2470105

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello PunitChandak; welcome;

Traffic estimator is not available on the display network due to the difficult statistical calculations involved and the big variance.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2392975 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What about the Bidding cost can we estimate it or can we get the optimized cpc or cpm for the same ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

In order to target Google Display Network, you have 2 basic tools to get idea of what you should target and what not. These are:

1. Placement tool: You can get an idea of what all placements are available on Google Display Network and what all formats are supported by them (like text, image, rich media etc...). You will also get an idea of impressions per day. You can read about this tool more in this reference.

2. Contextual Targeting Tool: This is pretty interesting tool. You will get an idea of theme based ad groups and suggested bid out of this tool which you should focus while targeting Display Network. Read more about it in this article.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
what about bidding estimates ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again,

As TC Moshe said above, there is no tool as such which guides you about CPC bids for placements. But I would like you to read this thread where Moshe and Shweta have shared some of the excellent thoughts on bidding estimates on GDN.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;

For the same reasons I listed above bid estimate is not available on the display network.

As a rule of thumb, it is lower than the on Search. By how much? ...tough question.... I usually start in high competition markets,   at around 80% of the Search bid for the same keyword (when using keywords for contextual targeting)

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2470105

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

OK; Pankaj found the thread I was looking for... Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Moshe

thanx