AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I set up ads with Trademarks in awhile ago which were approved but now having paused them for a week and resubmitting them for a review they are being rejected because of the trademark even though this wasn't a problem a week ago...

Any ideas what the reason for this could be?

Ta,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Trademark authorization

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

AprilRJ; Welcome to AdWords community;

As Nimesh1984 mentioned, you need tho get authorization to use a trademark,

Please follow the instructions on the following link:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106477

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: Trademark Issues

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi April

I am not sure I am following you: what happened after they were approved, did they run for a while and then were stopped by Google?

It could be that the trademark owner has submitted a complaint after you were approved, which was approved by Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They've been running fine, I then paused them to run a different campaign. I have now unpaused them and this is where the problem has occured approved ads have now been disapproved...

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
It could still be what I suggested: that the trademark owner has submitted a complaint and got it approved.

But, I´d edit the ads and submit them again. Sometimes the systems not work as well as expected...

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Did you try to submit an "Exception" for the trademarks?

Also why you would bid on trademarks?  If somebody is searching for a brand, they are more likely to click on the company which owns the trademark or brand, rather than a 3rd party.  Did you review the email which AdWords would have sent for "disapproval"?

Thanks,

Nimesh.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Trademark authorization

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

AprilRJ; Welcome to AdWords community;

As Nimesh1984 mentioned, you need tho get authorization to use a trademark,

Please follow the instructions on the following link:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106477

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’