AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I set up ads with Trademarks in awhile ago which were approved but now having paused them for a week and resubmitting them for a review they are being rejected because of the trademark even though this wasn't a problem a week ago...

Any ideas what the reason for this could be?

Ta,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Trademark authorization

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

AprilRJ; Welcome to AdWords community;

As Nimesh1984 mentioned, you need tho get authorization to use a trademark,

Please follow the instructions on the following link:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106477

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: Trademark Issues

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi April

I am not sure I am following you: what happened after they were approved, did they run for a while and then were stopped by Google?

It could be that the trademark owner has submitted a complaint after you were approved, which was approved by Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They've been running fine, I then paused them to run a different campaign. I have now unpaused them and this is where the problem has occured approved ads have now been disapproved...

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
It could still be what I suggested: that the trademark owner has submitted a complaint and got it approved.

But, I´d edit the ads and submit them again. Sometimes the systems not work as well as expected...

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Did you try to submit an "Exception" for the trademarks?

Also why you would bid on trademarks?  If somebody is searching for a brand, they are more likely to click on the company which owns the trademark or brand, rather than a 3rd party.  Did you review the email which AdWords would have sent for "disapproval"?

Thanks,

Nimesh.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Trademark authorization

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

AprilRJ; Welcome to AdWords community;

As Nimesh1984 mentioned, you need tho get authorization to use a trademark,

Please follow the instructions on the following link:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106477

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’