AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark Issue

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I am recently got a client who is interested in running PPC. His website name suppose "x.com". But the problem is i can not use the website name in the ad copies(specially i need to show the website name in the display url).Adword does not allowing me to use the name.There may be a registered/trademarked issue.when i am searching google with the name i found the same website name with three different domains

x.com

x.ca

x.in

What should i do in this situation? i am looking for community member's suggestion..

Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trademark Issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Shuva,

The scenario which are explaining looks like country specific domains (for eg: Canada (.ca), India(.in) ) here. And .com domain  should be the universal domain. I don't find anything suspicious here.

When you are trying to advertise the website (x.com), what message you are getting exactly?

Did you check the Trademark Policy framed by Adwords to get more insights?

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6118

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You Pankaj for your reply

The message i have got is "please change the word (the website name was highlighted)or you can send us request to review your ad copy" Under this message there was a option available said "request for review".

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Did you try this Shuva?
Like sending request for review option so that Adwords support can look into it and approve it, if it adheres to Advertising policies?

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

No i didn't try this.Should i try once?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I hope that you have read the Trademark Policy which I linked above so that you know you are not in some kind of violation.

Then you might consider giving it a go and see what Adwords support come up with.

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Pankaj for your support...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
No problems Shuva. Let us know how it goes...