AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking template redirect

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I've had a tracking template in place which uses a javascript redirect to pass the user to the final url

This has been working for a year now with no issues. (I'm using javascript redirect so that I can place a Google Analytics tag in there as well as it redirects to an affiliate site)

In the past 2 days I've had my ads disapproved due to 'Destination Not Working'

When opening a support ticket they got back to me saying the problem was actually a 'Final URL Mismatch' (and the Adwords UI is wrong) - due to the redirect being a javascript redirect rather than a 301 or 302 redirect.

It seems strange that this would run for a year with no issues and suddenly fail.

I couldn't find any documentation on Google saying they require a server side redirect.

Does anyone have and idea if this is the case or a support mistake ?

Thanks 

Tracking template redirect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - Did you ever get this resolved? I believe I'm having the same issue right now - thanks so much. Appreciate any further insight on this issue!