AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking source of Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello we have someone running adwords within our business and have been unable to track where the ads are coming from.  Is there a way to backtrack an Ad to find the account or source.  We are running Adwords on a main company account and want to canel the rogue account?  Can anyone assist?  Many thanks

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking source of Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I am not exactly sure what you mean here. Are you saying that someone is running ads for your Company and you don't know the origin for that? Also in addition, you are running ads for your Company.

If this is the case, then it looks to me a violation of Double Serving Policy where Google strictly do not allow running multiple accounts for the single business.

Best would be to get in touch with Adwords support ASAP as this is a serious issue and might result in account suspension if Google finds it before you raise it in front of them.

Pankaj 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi mreddie, further to Pankaj's reply, are you sure the Ads are coming from within your own company?  Is there any possibility the Ads are from an affiliate, i.e. someone using Adwords to promote your company for a commission on sales.

As Pankaj has said, Adwords support is the best way to go here, contacting them using the button top-right of this screen.

Have you no way of tracking the billing for this account?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

I would echo Pankaj, To me it also sounds as a case of "double serving" violation. Contact support, or find the "other" account, and cancel it, before both accounts are suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi mreddie,

My question would be "Who is paying for it?" Is your company getting the bill for the advertising? If so, the account number will be shown on your credit card statement or on your bank statement for post pay accounts. With that number, you should be able to claim the account and cancel it.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords