AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Template for Shopping Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have recently noticed that there is a new feature for tracking URLs
I would like to correctly set up tracking for our two Shopping PLA campaigns in Adwords

I have read many articles on this yet am still unsure on what to do. I have been told that you cannot track keywords for Shopping Campaigns, is this correct?

In analytics when looking into the campaigns, this is what I see:

keywords_urlimg.png

I can tell that they are the shopping campaigns as it inserts the custom labels.

How would I set up the URL tracking templates correctly so I have can an easier insight into the analytics for the shopping campaigns

This is what is set up at Campaign level

campaign_urlimg.png

Thank you.

Re: Tracking Template for Shopping Campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

Good day to you Smiley Happy Tracking template can be leveraged better, if you are using a third party analytics software. If you are looking to analyze the Search Query report, you can do the same way as in Search campaigns. 

Click on any PLA campaign > Keywords tab > Keyword Details > Search Terms

In the screenshot you have shared, Row 1,2,3, 6 & 7 are keywords imported directly from AdWords to Analytics automatically.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Re: Tracking Template for Shopping Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there thank you for the reply

"Click on any PLA campaign > Keywords tab > Keyword Details > Search Terms"

I don't see where you mean? As the PLA campaigns don't have keywords entered.

I can see that the keywords are from adwords however I want to be able to see what the keyword or search term was rather than "custom1==customfeed&+category_l1==536&+category_l2==594&+category_l3==3006&+category_l4==6073"

Thanks