AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Template for Shopping Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have recently noticed that there is a new feature for tracking URLs
I would like to correctly set up tracking for our two Shopping PLA campaigns in Adwords

I have read many articles on this yet am still unsure on what to do. I have been told that you cannot track keywords for Shopping Campaigns, is this correct?

In analytics when looking into the campaigns, this is what I see:

keywords_urlimg.png

I can tell that they are the shopping campaigns as it inserts the custom labels.

How would I set up the URL tracking templates correctly so I have can an easier insight into the analytics for the shopping campaigns

This is what is set up at Campaign level

campaign_urlimg.png

Thank you.

Re: Tracking Template for Shopping Campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

Good day to you Smiley Happy Tracking template can be leveraged better, if you are using a third party analytics software. If you are looking to analyze the Search Query report, you can do the same way as in Search campaigns. 

Click on any PLA campaign > Keywords tab > Keyword Details > Search Terms

In the screenshot you have shared, Row 1,2,3, 6 & 7 are keywords imported directly from AdWords to Analytics automatically.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Re: Tracking Template for Shopping Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there thank you for the reply

"Click on any PLA campaign > Keywords tab > Keyword Details > Search Terms"

I don't see where you mean? As the PLA campaigns don't have keywords entered.

I can see that the keywords are from adwords however I want to be able to see what the keyword or search term was rather than "custom1==customfeed&+category_l1==536&+category_l2==594&+category_l3==3006&+category_l4==6073"

Thanks