AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Track user's journey from Clicking on the ad to land on the page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, 

Hope all is good

Had found a huge discrepancy on the traffic  between google analytics and ads performance. For Instance, I have pushed 8k traffic from FB, GDN, GSN and result in 1.5 users on site for that particular day. Have checked all destination url is fine and improved the landing page loading speed. Just wonder if there is any way to track the user's behavior starting from the click on the ads till they land on the site via GA? 

I know it looks like impossible but hope there will be some GA geek popping out to help that Smiley Very Happy

PS: All code were placed properly (Pixel, GA universal and GTM)

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Justin,

What you can do is the following:
1. Go to the behavior flow report in GA
2. Change the initial characteristic to source/medium
3. Click on Facebook >> View only this segment

The report will then show you the flow of the visitors who entered your site through Facebook to the different landing pages. And also the pages they move to from the initial landing page.

You can get more details regarding behavior flow report in this article

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2785577?hl=en

Regards,

Sayem Mustafa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Sayem

Thanks so much for giving this idea. Just checked in the behavior flow and found that only 2k lands on the page from FB while there is a drop off of over 8k from ads click to the landing. Really want to figure out a reason for that .

Best Regards

Justin

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Justin,

If you have setup everything the right way then the only thing would be to give adwords time to provide the rest of the data. adwords and analytics report data at different times. 

as a side note i often make a mistake by not comparing the same date range. maybe that could be the reason you are not  getting the same figures.

regards,

Zaby

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Unless you have already sorted this out

1. you are expecting 8K traffic on your website from these channels but is only reporting 1.5 is this traffic being attributed to other channels (direct?) or is this traffic completely missing from website?

2. Can you post destination URL to investigate further? 

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nik,

Thanks for your reply. Literally the traffic is completely missing. More than 8k clicks from FB ads manager and only 2k recorded.

The Dest. Url: www. mysky.ae

Re: Track user's journey from Clicking on the ad to land on the page

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
HI
This is most probably happening because you have 2 GA codes on your website one hardcoded in your website (probably coming from your Magento config) and another one from GTM.

Unless there is a very strong reason please make sure you only have one GA tag on each page. If you have a strong reason for 2 codes on each page then you will need to tweak your code a little.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theniks,

Thanks so much for replying my question. Actually we have thought this might due to double google tracking code implemented on the same page.however, I did some study online and found out that two Google analytics code pointing to different accounts are compatible on the same web. Do you think we should do some tweaking on the code ?

Thanks
Best Regards
Justin
Essentially Precise

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi
I dont think 2 codes on same page can work without tweaking codes as 2nd tracker will override ga object of 1st tracker.

Ideally it should be like below
ga('create', 'UA-XXXXX-1', 'auto');
ga('create', 'UA-XXXXX-2', 'auto', '2tracker');

ga('send', 'pageview');
ga('2tracker.send', 'pageview');

Regards, Nik