AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Total spending to become Google partner, required from 1 bank account?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I know there is a minimum limit of 10.000 USD spending in the past 90 days ( and other requirements) to become a Google Partner with a badge. 

My question is this : the spending count is made for a single bank account or all payments from all bank accounts from all clients are added ? 

It is necessary for the agency to make an agreement with all clients to pay the agency first their AdWords budget and then the agency in turn pays the spending in each adwords account ?

I have an ideea about what the correct answers would be, but I need a confirmation to forward to someone.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Total spending to become Google partner, required from 1 bank acco

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

I don't think payments or payment methods or banks have anything to do with the spend factor of becoming a partner. It's simply how much spend is accrued in your MCC over the 90 days. It actually doesn't matter if you're managing the account or not, if it's linked to your MCC the spend is counted.

As far as your question about billing order etc...not necessary. I've been involved with a couple of agencies and getting them set up as an official partner - in each case, there were a variety of payment arrangements in place. Again, I believe that it is solely tied to the bottom line spend in your MCC.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Funny thing is that a google representative told a new agency owner, as posted in our local forum , that MCC spending has to be made from a single bank account to arrive at the 10.000 USD limit , but I can clearly see in my partners account that individual client spent is added.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It's hard to know all the details of why that representative would say that, perhaps there is some odd scenario there that we have no insight into...

One thing I've learned, and this isn't a knock on them, is that not everyone at Google know's exactly what is happening at every part of Google. I've introduced many agency reps to the community and TC program (for instance). There are so many different teams and groups of folks working on things...it would likely be impossible and really inefficient to try and accomplish such universal understanding.

Then add into the mix that a majority of them don't get to see what it's like to interact with the products from our perspective, "the outside". Which is why they seek feedback so often.

I agree and have also experienced the same, total MCC spend for the last 90 days is what is reviewed (assuming all accounts have been linked during this time) . Although an account may have spent significant amounts in the last 90 days, I'm pretty sure the account would need to be connected to the MCC for the entire 90 days to get that credit.

Disclaimer: My info is strictly US based. Smiley Happy

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, but this is pretty basic information. It is like asking how avg. cpc is calculated. 

There was no context she asked "This budget (10.000 USD) has to be spend from the same bank account" and the representative replied very clear "Yes same bank account".

I hope there aren't different policies per country, I get to see the total MCC spending in USD even if the linked accounts pay in RON.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I don't know what to say sir...it sound like the rep may have incorrect information. I suppose that the entire $10,000 could be from the same bank account but I can't see that being a requirement.

-Tommy