AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Total-Search and Total-All Keywords rows vary completely

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm currently running a national campaign that appears to be doing very well in terms of costs and CTR, however, my keyword report is extremely confusing...For one ad group, the row "Total-Search" is showing 19 clicks for the day, and "Total-all keywords" shows 0 clicks.  This campaign runs only on Google Search with no display select and there are no filters on. I have also made sure to sort the keyword column by "all keywords".  Can someone please tell me why I'm not getting this information? When I check Google Analytics, I'm seeing that this particular ad group is broadmatching to another ad group in the same campaign, but I'm only running phrase match keywords in the ad group in question.  Frustrating!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Total-Search and Total-All Keywords rows vary completely

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Simmer,

Thanks for posting your question. 

Is this campaign a remarketing for search or a PLA campaign? If so, your campaign would not credit a keyword it would be a search click. That would explain why you would see 19 clicks and no keywords. 

If it is a regular search campaign, we have another problem. 

Let me know if you need additional assistance. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Shanea,

This is just a regular search campaign. I'm so confused on this one. I'm also noticing that my Adwords and Analytics stats are varying greatly which wasn't an issue until I started noticing this weird activity in the one ad group.

Any ideas??

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Ok so I am going to refer your post to our support team. They can have a look with you to help sort out the "weird activity" you are seeing. 

You should receive an email from "adwords-support" and if you do not, be sure to check your spam box.

We'll get it sorted out.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, I am experiencing the same issue as the user above. Can you let me know what the resolution to this issue was? In one of my campaigns, I am showing 13 clicks so far today in the Total - Search row, none of which are showing for specific keywords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Jason,

It is a result of dynamic ad text. Because dynamic ads are shown based on
the content of the web page the dynamic targets are set to, not specific
keywords. Click the "Auto Targets" tab and you will find the information
there.

Hope this helps.

--
[image: http://www.simmerdigital.com]
[image:
https://www.google.com/partners/?hl=en-US#a_profile;idtf=3091348574;]

Simmer Media, LLC
215-809-1540
www.simmerdigital.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! That helps explain it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue. However, in my case there is no Dynamic Search ads, nor display, is a pure "search" account,I am seeing daily variances of approx 30% between "Total - all keywords" and "Total - search" expenditure, and cannot find an explanation to pass. 

I would really appreciate some help here. 

Thanks a lot,

Iñaki

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
could you help me as well I got the same issue, pure simple search campaign!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm also having the same issue.
Just started google Ad, then found the following, after filtering the date to only today (1 day)
- Total Clicks in all-keywords: 0
- Total Clicks in all-ad group: 60

I want to know which of my keywords that mostly clicked, but can't find it, since the total clicks is 0. However I'm charged for the 60 clicks. Can anyone help me?

Thanks beforehand!