AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Top of the page ad for "weather" keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you bid for this keyword, will the ad appear here or somewhere further down? There's no one else bidding on this keyword, at least in my region.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Top of the page ad for "weather" keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Your ad position is determined by your ad rank;

Even if the number of competitors is minimal there is a threshold to meet (in terms of QS and Ad-Rank) to have your ad shown above the search results;

Having no competitors does mean that you pay minimum or your ad shown above the search results;

Read more:

Getting your ads above Google search results

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry. I should have been more specific in my question. Even with a #1 ad ranking, would it be possible to rank above the weather graphic? Is that possible or will the ad be shown somewhere else on the page?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google conducts many user experience tests to allocate the best "slots" on the page for ads. You cannot change those slots.

The advertiser has control only on the ad-rank (which position the ad "wins" ) within the available slots.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’