AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Top ads on SERP have more words and links than mine displays.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

When typing in a query in to the google search engine the return shows 2 ads at the top above the google search results.  One ad is minem, the other from a competitor.  Mine is second.  

My competitors ad displays lines:  

1.  the heading

2. site address  

3.  Description with a bold word(?).

4.  4 links to various pages on their site.

My ad:  

1.  Heading

2. .  Site address

3. Description

Why are they so different?  How did my competitor make a 4th line with links and a bold word in the description?

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Top ads on SERP have more words and links than mine displays.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

The word is bolded because it´s in your search query

The extra links are called site link ad extensions 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375416

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi TracyRed,

Those are sitelinks extensions. Go to the "Ad Extensions" tab for the campaign. Just below the tabs on the left is a button that asys "View ... ". Click on that and select sitelinks. Just below that button, click on "+ New Extension" then follow the instructions to add sitelinks.

Sitelinks should point to pages within your website other than the destination URL for you ad(s). You can place just about any text with the link, but it must comply with AdWords policies.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

And to conclude both previous answers, here is some reading material from the help center:

Show your website links below your ad text

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’