AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Title Line of some Adwords is LONGER than 25 characters? How can I code this?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

How does this advertiser get to have >25 characters in the heading (hyperlink)? 

No, it's not the site URL and it's not text from the second and third lines?

What is the code I need to insert to create this?

I want to get more than 25 characters in my heading hyperlink.

more than 25 characters.png

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Re: Title Line of some Adwords is LONGER than 25 characters? How can I code this?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
This is done by using the proper punctuation in your description line 1. Different punctuation will produce different results and the one that you will need to extend your headline is a period. You can use a period at any place in your description line and if it is in a top position it could combine your Headline with the description to make it an extended headline.You can also extend your Headline with Dynamic Keyword insertion yet this not what was done by your example (rotorooter). Here is a full explanation of what punctuation works when and how.
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Extended-Ad-Headlines-The-Fluctuation-of-Punctuat...
Good Luck!

View solution in original post

Re: Title Line of some Adwords is LONGER than 25 characters? How can I code this?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@bobbym880

What you are seeing is not a longer title, but rather the 35 character line 1 of the ad has been moved up beside the 25 character title. This is done algorithmically and there is no way to guarantee it will be served this way.  One thing you can do to help is have complete, grammatically correct sentences.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
This is done by using the proper punctuation in your description line 1. Different punctuation will produce different results and the one that you will need to extend your headline is a period. You can use a period at any place in your description line and if it is in a top position it could combine your Headline with the description to make it an extended headline.You can also extend your Headline with Dynamic Keyword insertion yet this not what was done by your example (rotorooter). Here is a full explanation of what punctuation works when and how.
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Extended-Ad-Headlines-The-Fluctuation-of-Punctuat...
Good Luck!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear All. Thank you for your responses.
What both of you are saying doesn't fit with what the above advertiser is doing. OR what other advertisers are doing.
Google ad words have: 25 characters in the headline, 35 on lines 1, 2, and 3. TOTAL = 130 Characters.
The advertiser I posted has 53 Lines in the headline (the hyperlink) 36 characters in the first text line visible.
88 characters in the second line (81 characters are visible). TOTAL Ad: 177 characters. Way over the standard 130 character limit!
How can I get this same result in my campaign?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

@bobbym880

I think what is causing you the confusion is the structured snippet ad extension you are calling the second line.  That ad extension is independent of the actual ad itself.  You can read up on those here:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6280012?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
David it is actually something you can force if your ad is in a top position by using the right prononciation which will force your description line into your headline. Makes longer Titles and boosts conversion a bit!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hey Bobby sorry for the delayed response, the example of the ad above has used Extensions for his services and locations. His ad actually ends with ''Even Night and Weekends. Call now!'' Here is how you can get these your self with AdWords API - https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/extension-settings

Good luck and let us know if you need anything else!
Cheers!

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

@Trevor_Stewart

as I stated earlier, there are certainly things you can do to encourage it,  but it is not a guarantee it will serve that way 100% of the time. I'm watching it change up on an ad right now as I refresh the screen.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
That's right David it can never be guaranteed

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
David:
The link you gave describes the snippet concept but failed to provide comparative "before" and "after" examples. As you probably guessed I'm new to adwords and sadly this is a big problem with a LOT of AdWords documentation. Are there any documentation links or video that actually show detailed examples of snippets along with how to's?