AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Time for user to be added to Remarketing list

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I want to set up a RLSA campaign for users who just visited my site. I will therefor setup a 1 day remarketing list as campaign. I expect the most value from the most recent visitors, i.e. just when they left the site. So the question is will my RLSA target visitors instantly? They do have the cookie of course but I remember reading that there is a delay before they are added to the remarketing list.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Time for user to be added to Remarketing list

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

The first condition of showing RLSA ads to your audiences is that you should have atleast 1000 cookies in your Remarketing list, before that Google won't show ads to your existing users who clicked your ads.

Read more on this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472738?hl=en

Also, I would emphasize you to go through this You Tube Webinar expaining all the steps and how you could improve your RLSA campaign:

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Lists are updated real time and in the interface are reported with a 24 hours delay, a refference is here : 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/User-Deleting-Remarketing-Cookie/m-p/119076/...

I think you should extend your list to at least 7 days. Please note that RLSA becomes active if the audience has at least 1000 cookies , from 1000 unique browsers. If you have many returning visitors in the same day, they receive the cookie once, for a new visit it gets over-written. 

Also a large percentage of visitors delete their cookies and the remaining visitors are not guaranteed to revisit the Ads in the next Day. 

I noticed a ratio of 5% impressions vs audience in RLSA , meaning for an audience of 10.000, each day visits amount to at most 500 impressions , and clicks are only a percentage of that , and conversions only a percentage of clicks...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for sharing this video pankaj1782