AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Thumbnail ads only?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a youtube ad that is supposed to have in-stream ads and thumbnail ads. Right now there are only impressions on video ads so it is not running on thumbnails. Is there a way that I can pause the video ads so that it will only have thumbnail ads? Or is there a reason why no thumbnail ads are being displayed?

Thanks for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kamshing
September 2015

Re: Thumbnail ads only?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I guess you are referring to the True view in-search and in-display (both showing text-ads / thumbnails) VS the True View in-stream (pre-rolls).

It could be that your in-stream ad simply has been qualified to run (more often won the auction) more often than ads in other formats.

Anyway, you could pause ad formats in the "AdWords for Video" interface by clicking Campaign => Ads => Segment by Format. In the Ad colum at left you can pause any specific ad.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ;

What do you mean by thumbnail ads? - picture / banners ads?

You can pause any ad .

Check this link;

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454017?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kamshing
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I guess you are referring to the True view in-search and in-display (both showing text-ads / thumbnails) VS the True View in-stream (pre-rolls).

It could be that your in-stream ad simply has been qualified to run (more often won the auction) more often than ads in other formats.

Anyway, you could pause ad formats in the "AdWords for Video" interface by clicking Campaign => Ads => Segment by Format. In the Ad colum at left you can pause any specific ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Thanks so much!