AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Thoughts Wanted: Automatic vs. Manual Bididng

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Adwords Community,

I wanted to know your opinions on which bidding is ideal for an account that wants the following:

- Hold an average position of 3

- Keep costs low

- Maintain optimal amount of clicks

- Stay within a precise budget

- Seasonal business

I've tried both types of bidding. Automatic bidding seems to lower my avg. position and therefore lowers my CTR. Manual bidding gives me the power to keep the position I want but almost doubles my CPC for important keywords. 

Advice and insight is appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Thoughts Wanted: Automatic vs. Manual Bididng

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello JaqWhite;

I like to be in control; I agree with your findings; (I experienced the same in the early days when used auto bidding)

However, if you follow closely the campaign performance, you can lower your CPC, even with manual bidding. It does require (at least at the beginning ) a closer watch on keywords performance and optimization of the campaign.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’