AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I received an email stating that my adwords campaign would be ending soon.  I went to the link provided and I was unable to change the end date to “none”.  The specific reason was:  “This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords”.  I then searched this problem and found I was supposed to make these changes in “Adwords Express”.  So I tried that, doesn’t work either.

I’ve been trying to fix this for over an hour and it is such a hassle that I just want to pull my freaking hair out!  Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

When you say that editing your campaign in AdWords Express "doesn't work" - what problem are you seeing?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

there is no option available in the express to change the "end date" of my campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm finding the same thing.

Google tells us to go to Adwords to change the end date, but it won't allow any changes. 

All the support/community/etc gurus tell us it has to be done in Adwords Express but thwere is no option to do this in Express. 

I'm getting fed up with this. Get your act toghther Google!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way that you can help me in light of what I have previously replied to this question?

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For me the solution to the problem is to do nothing.

Someone at Google screwed up. Your end date can not be changed manually. The "system" will change it for you. 

It may extend if you increase your monthly budget.

Here is the full text of the relpy I got from Adwords Support.

I understand you received a notification about your ads about to expire/or has ended. Sincere apologies for any confusion caused.

Why Campaign has an End Date?

As you may know, your  AdWords Express campaign is managed automatically by the system. It's designed to help local businesses and get exposure in easy and simple steps, where advertisers don't have to be spend much time in day-to-day management of their campaign.That's why, if your budget is not enough to consistently show your ad through the month, the system may set an earlier campaign end date to ensure that you won't exceed your monthly budget. Do note that this is automatically done  by the system and you can’t change the campaign end date.

What can you do?

The system may continue to adjust your end date to show your ad as often as possible within your monthly budget. If you’d like your ad to show more consistently across the month, you can consider raising your budget to an amount you're comfortable with. Otherwise, you don't need to make any change. Your campaign will continue to run until you cancel your AdWords Express campaign.

To edit your budget, follow these steps. If you've already made changes to your budget from your AdWords Express account, your campaign may resume back.

Editing AWX_#### campaign in AdWords account: The AWX_### Campaign in your AdWords account is a read-only non-editable version of your AdWords Express campaign and hence it cannot be edited from your AdWords account. We have included the AWX_#### Campaign in your AdWords account to just give you a granular idea of how your ads are performing (with respect to CTR, ad position etc) and to provide you details regarding your keywords. These details can be only 'Viewed' and if you wish to make any changes to your AdWords Express campaign, you will have to do so by logging into your AdWords Express account.

However, as I've mentioned above, you don't need to worry about the campaign ending notification. You can increase your budget if you want, to increase your ad exposure.

Hope this helps! Feel free to write back if you've any further questions or concerns on this.

Have a nice day and wish you have a great Christmas!

Regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Paul!  Glad you got it taken care of.  Merry Christmas.