AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

This ad is not eligible to run

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi folks, how are you getting on?

This morning I was checking my campaigns and realise that I have many ads showing the following message: "This ad is not eligible to run".

It's weird because the status sometimes are "approved" (especially in GDN campaigns) and sometimes "eligible".

Google doesn't provide any explanation when I click in the box status.

I don't have billing problems, once I have some adgroups that have one ad "approved" (and running) and another "eligible" (but not running). This is happening most in search campaigns.

In GDN campaigns it's common to have two ads, both "eligible" and not running.

Does anyone know what's happening and how to solve it?

Thanks a million,

Fred

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Hi Fred,   As per Google notes, eligible means that your...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Fred,

As per Google notes,

eligible means that your ads can't run on Search and Display Network. Eligible ones can only run on Google search pages until they are approved.

If you don't have the billing issues, you might consider contacting Adwords support to get the insight of how much time it will take to get the approved status.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fredpublicidade
September 2015

Further Information

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Fred,

By clicking through on this page:  http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?&display=categories

I was able to find this copy:

• Ad Status: Eligible
If your ad has the status "eligible," it can run on Google search pages. However, it cannot yet run on the Google Network until we review and approve the ad according to our advertising policies. In case your ads have this status more than 3 business days, please feel free to write into us and we wil be glad to expedite the process for you.

If your ad has an "under review" status for more than 3 business days, please consider the following:

• We won't review ads over the weekend or on official holidays, so the waiting time may be longer if it spans one of those days.
  • Sometimes we encounter unexpectedly high volumes of ad submissions, so in those cases, ad review may take a little longer. However, we do our best to review all ads as soon as possible.
  • If your ad falls under certain policies, it might require additional review, which can extend the time it takes to get approved.

While your ad is awaiting review, you might want to take the opportunity to review our advertising policies to ensure that your ads, keywords, and website comply.

An ad with an "eligible" status can run on Google search pages, but it won't run on our search partners or Display Network placements until we review and approve the ad.

Hope this helps clarify, if it has been an extended period of time, as Pankaj mentioned, I would definitely contact support by either web form or call them directly.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Hi Fred,   As per Google notes, eligible means that your...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Fred,

As per Google notes,

eligible means that your ads can't run on Search and Display Network. Eligible ones can only run on Google search pages until they are approved.

If you don't have the billing issues, you might consider contacting Adwords support to get the insight of how much time it will take to get the approved status.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fredpublicidade
September 2015

Further Information

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Fred,

By clicking through on this page:  http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?&display=categories

I was able to find this copy:

• Ad Status: Eligible
If your ad has the status "eligible," it can run on Google search pages. However, it cannot yet run on the Google Network until we review and approve the ad according to our advertising policies. In case your ads have this status more than 3 business days, please feel free to write into us and we wil be glad to expedite the process for you.

If your ad has an "under review" status for more than 3 business days, please consider the following:

• We won't review ads over the weekend or on official holidays, so the waiting time may be longer if it spans one of those days.
  • Sometimes we encounter unexpectedly high volumes of ad submissions, so in those cases, ad review may take a little longer. However, we do our best to review all ads as soon as possible.
  • If your ad falls under certain policies, it might require additional review, which can extend the time it takes to get approved.

While your ad is awaiting review, you might want to take the opportunity to review our advertising policies to ensure that your ads, keywords, and website comply.

An ad with an "eligible" status can run on Google search pages, but it won't run on our search partners or Display Network placements until we review and approve the ad.

Hope this helps clarify, if it has been an extended period of time, as Pankaj mentioned, I would definitely contact support by either web form or call them directly.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Hi Pankaj and PPCBossman,   Thanks for answering. I will...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pankaj and PPCBossman,

Thanks for answering. I will definitely contact support and check what is happening.

I have many ads that are "eligible" for more than 3 business days.

Fred

Glad to lend a hand.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Fred,

I'm gald to lend a hand when I can.  Let us know how it goes.

-Tom

Hi Tom,   For sure I let you all know what happened. I've...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tom,

For sure I let you all know what happened. I've already contacted the support, let's see how they can help me.

Fred

Re: Hi Tom,   For sure I let you all know what happened. I've...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So what happened?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

No answer so far...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you heard back, by any chance? I'm seeing the same thing.
Thank you.

AdWords Support

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey folks!

I got some answers from Google this week. First of all, a guy said that he had reviewed and approved to run my ads. When I checked, some of them were not running, showing the same message again. Then a girl explained me that the problem was with my CPC bid and I should increase it in order to get my ads running more often.

As I cannot currently make any bid adjustments, she advised me to creating new ads or changing my keyword list. But probably the bids will remain the central issue.

Some helpful links this girl sent to me:

The best way to achieve a good position on Display Network sites is to optimise your ads for the Display Network. For more information, visit
https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=54588&hl=en_GB.

Learn more about Display Network bids at
https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=26507&hl=en_GB.