AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

There is an unrecognised 0345 number adjacent to my business name on my google adword ad help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

An unrecognised 0345 number has appeared on my good adwords ad right next to my business name and it must be giving people the impression that that is my number. I have never seen this number before and it is not mentioned in my google adwords account or settings. Also, no one answers when I call it and a google search gives no results for it.

Please help me get rid of this !

Robert

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by TomT (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: There is an unrecognised 0345 number adjacent to my business name on my google adword ad help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Robert,

Sorry you are having difficulty. It sounds to me like you have a Google Call Extension set up, which is using a Google forwarding number but somewhere along the line it has gone wrong.

Can you go to your ad extensions tab for all campaigns, and select call extensions from the drop down lists? Tell me what you see there?

Basically there are a number of options available when you set this up; you put in your real phone number and then Google gives you the option to mask it with a forwarding number so that you can track the call usage metrics such as number of calls, length of call, etc...

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by TomT (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: There is an unrecognised 0345 number adjacent to my business name on my google adword ad help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Robert,

Sorry you are having difficulty. It sounds to me like you have a Google Call Extension set up, which is using a Google forwarding number but somewhere along the line it has gone wrong.

Can you go to your ad extensions tab for all campaigns, and select call extensions from the drop down lists? Tell me what you see there?

Basically there are a number of options available when you set this up; you put in your real phone number and then Google gives you the option to mask it with a forwarding number so that you can track the call usage metrics such as number of calls, length of call, etc...

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+