AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

The symbol 'slash' will differentiate URLs on Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I'm about to run keyword ads(ppc) for my website which has Google Analytics code installed, and currently trying to build URLs with Google URL Builder, to track each keyword performance on Analytics.

Simple question. Would the symbol '/' (slash) at the end of main URL will differentiate URLs? For example, below URLs would be regarded one same code, or separate ones on Analytics? (One URL has slash within, while the other one doesn't.) Also, either one is good to go with Analytics? Thanks for your advice in advance.

1) www.example.com/?utm_campaign=lhr&utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=naver&utm_content=generic&utm_term=kw1

2) www.example.com?utm_campaign=lhr&utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=naver&utm_content=generic&utm_term=kw1

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DJ L
September 2015

Re: The symbol 'slash' will differentiate URLs on Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey, in answer to your question both of these URLs will track as separate entities in Google Analytics, every URL that has a different parameter at the end of it will also track as a separate entity.

I find it useful to create a new Analytics profile with a Custom Filter to remove all parameters from the end of URLs and report all URLs (with different parameters) under the same entity.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DJ L
September 2015

Re: The symbol 'slash' will differentiate URLs on Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey, in answer to your question both of these URLs will track as separate entities in Google Analytics, every URL that has a different parameter at the end of it will also track as a separate entity.

I find it useful to create a new Analytics profile with a Custom Filter to remove all parameters from the end of URLs and report all URLs (with different parameters) under the same entity.