AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

The "Open today" AdWords Ad extension, how to setup ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I noticed today a local Ad which has an extra message for the company schedule , like an "Open today" extension.

Is this an automated extension ?

What are the conditions for this feature to appear near all my AdWords Ads too ?

I did a little research on the matter but I am unable to find anything useful to turn this feature on.

There is even a triangle button which shows the expanded weekly schedule directly from the Ad , taken from the company "Google my Business account" .

open-today-extension.png

expanded-weekly-schedule-from-the-ad.png

Thank you

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
November 2015

Re: The "Open today" AdWords Ad extension, how to setup ?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,
Most of our clients have these. All have multiple locations, all have my business listing and all have those times set. They're automated. There's a new roll out of features in beta at the moment from local (Local guides are testing) and I assume this is part of it. Expect a few more additions.

One more thing to note, all our clients who have this also have the "busiest times" feature in maps/local. So not sure if it's only big stores or if it's a wider roll out.

I've noticed a lot of new extensions being tested lately, some pretty cool ones too just in time for Xmas/Black Friday.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian, how are things?

If i'm not mistaken, this comes along with the Address from the Google My Business integration.

On My Business you can set your working hours, and it would make sense to come along with the Address if the company provide the correct time.

https://www.google.com/business/

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Yes - as far as I am aware this cannot be added manually - it is part of the location extension and Google will add it (sometimes)

It does underline the importance of making sure your Google My Business profile is complete and that you have location extensions configured on your site.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

But did google ever mention that setting up the business schedule will even "sometimes" enhance the AdWords Ad text with this extra line ?

I am not able to see any announcement, and none of my AdWords ads found in the top 3 spots have this schedule added to the AdWords Ad, even if the "Google my business" is properly setup.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Adrian,

Indeed there's no instructions on official documents regarding the hour feature, at least not that I could found.

I know hat you can link My Business addresses with Adwords without having your page verified. Maybe this is something for verified places only? Just an idea.

Also, we know that Extensions are highly attached to the advertiser relevancy. Maybe those hours only appear for ads that meet some hight quality at that search?

Or maybe it depends on how you set it up your information on My Business account...I really don't know. just a few ideas.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I have no idea how this works, but my guess would also be that there is a geographical element involved - if you are close to the business and could visit the B&M site, then it would make sense to let you know the opening hours. If you are only ever going to visit the website it really doesn't matter when they are open....

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
This makes total sense, if the user is on the targeted region it would then show the opening hours...

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Regarding proximity , my case is that I did the search from Desktop and the location of that business is not very near my location, it is around 8 kilometers , but in the same city.

Thanks guys for your opinions.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,
Most of our clients have these. All have multiple locations, all have my business listing and all have those times set. They're automated. There's a new roll out of features in beta at the moment from local (Local guides are testing) and I assume this is part of it. Expect a few more additions.

One more thing to note, all our clients who have this also have the "busiest times" feature in maps/local. So not sure if it's only big stores or if it's a wider roll out.

I've noticed a lot of new extensions being tested lately, some pretty cool ones too just in time for Xmas/Black Friday.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Indeed, it seems to be a beta. I read about it, today, here;

Google Testing New Store Hours AdWords Extension for Local Businesses

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’