AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

The problem with an upgrade to the Editor 11

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Today, I wanted to make some changes using the AdWord Editor 10.6 When you try to send the changes I got an error, you need to install a new version of AdWords Editor 11

1st. I downloaded the installer and ran the installation (using Windows 7)
2nd. When you try to install, I got an error: already installed another version of this product. First, uninstall it.
3rd. I uninstalled the existing version 10.6
4th. When trying a new installation, but I still displays an error from point 2, that the different version is installed.

I have not installed another version, I cleaned registry, PC rebooted.

What to do?

Thanks

Re: The problem with an upgrade to the Editor 11

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Try to located the folder where the previous version has been installed. I checked the path in my laptop and found it located at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AdWords Editor

You can also find un-installer in that folder. Check and revert

Re: The problem with an upgrade to the Editor 11

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the advice. I finally solved it using CCleaner, where I used a tool to uninstall programs. Although Windows reported that you have not installed any version of Google AdWords Editor, CCleaner me an old version found. After uninstalling the old version and has been installing version 11 was correct.