AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

The hidden Advanced settings

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I know it had been discussed here and later here, but I just didn't find the answer. I've launched 2 new search campaigns + 2 display network campaigns, under the same account. The two search campaign don't show the advanced settings section in the campaign settings page. I've tried re-loading, cookies erasing and browser changing. It does not show, neither from my MCC account, nor from the client's account.

What am I to do? wait for a call?

Arnon

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arnon
September 2015

Re: The hidden Advanced settings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Arnon,

I just read through the threads you mentioned and did see a potential solution.  Did you try to edit the campaign type from the settings tab? 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Problem solved! The answer was there, but I seem to have missed it. Very simple:

Settings tab>General>Type> mark All features. that's all. The advanced settings appear immediately. See here

Thanks Tom, also to the Hebrew support team.

Arnon

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arnon
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Arnon,

I just read through the threads you mentioned and did see a potential solution.  Did you try to edit the campaign type from the settings tab? 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tom,

Sorry I did'nt mention it before: The settings tab shows the same picture.  

Arnon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I too can't find advanced settings of my campaign that have been recently created. 

What would be the reason? Please can any one explain about this? and where can i find the advanced settings now? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Problem solved! The answer was there, but I seem to have missed it. Very simple:

Settings tab>General>Type> mark All features. that's all. The advanced settings appear immediately. See here

Thanks Tom, also to the Hebrew support team.

Arnon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnon,

Thanks it worked for me. Setting-> Type-> (select) All features - All the features and options available for the Search Network

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! I was looking everywhere.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Even after enabling all features Advance Settings doesn't features Keyword Matching Options.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

According to Google Adword Literature Keyword Matching Options are not enabled for some type of Campaigns.But the types are not mentioned in literature.

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at http://adwords.google.com/.

2. Click the Campaigns tab.

3. If you'd like to restrict your exact and phrase matching for a new campaign, click +

New campaign. If you'd like to restrict your exact and phrase matching for an existing campaign, select that campaign and click the Settings tab.

4. Scroll to the "Advanced settings" section. Click the Keyword

matching options link. Keep in mind that if you don't see the link, it might be because you can only restrict your exact and phrase matching for certain campaign types, like "Search Network only - All features."

The hidden Advanced settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At first I could not see where that *Type was but then, I spotted it. Thanks for the tip Arnon !