5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

The New AdWords Interface

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, 

I've been offered the ''New Adwords'' for over a month now...but I am not convinced. Are there really advantages or it's just the same thing with a sleeker face? 

I'm feeling like an old dog trying to learn new tricks...but you can't stop progress. 

Help! Is anyone using the new interface daily? How do you find it? 

J

3 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I haven't made the switch because it is not pulling in the Google Analytics data yet. Until they do, there is no way I am going to even consider switching.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

There are a few new features in there, but primarily Google is trying to make all of their interfaces look and act in a similar way. I haven't found many people who prefer the new interface, but change can be hard - I've been using the current interface since 2001!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
5d

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

I am warming up more and more to the new AdWords (Beta) experience. It's not been an easy find since I have been using the previous AdWords (classic) experience since nearly the beginning (2002). I can certainly relate to each of your feelings but finally decided to spend 50% of the time in the new and 50% in the previous and that is what is winning me over. Then I was given the new AdWords Manager Account (old name My Client Center/MCC) and I have come to like that more then the previous. 

Do you know that some features are exclusive to the new and some of our most-loved features of the previous are not yet present... but coming? You can use this information to see a comparison

And this information is the in-progress help files dedicated to the new AdWords experience. 

I encourage everyone to spend some time in both and to prepare for the future of AdWords that is coming... which is sometime in 2018, when the previous AdWords experience will be completely closed out. Now is the best time to jump back and forth. Yes, we can go back and forth all we want for now, so give it a try and do some tasks and then when you need/want to, go back to the previous.  

Cheers,

James

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I tried it when it was in Alpha... I check on it now and then, but I'm just so comfortable with the old version!  So, I get the reluctance to change.  I'll probably stick with the old version until it's no longer available.

Experts in the Topic
James_Clemens
RobSkelton
Shanee_Kirk