AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

The Dynamic Search Ads system doesn't have enough content

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I've tried to setup a dynamic search ad campaign but I get the error "The Dynamic Search Ads system doesn't have enough content from your website domain to target your ads." Unfortunately the link to the help page doesn't address this issue in detail. I've targeted the whole website, so in my opinion there is enough data. 

The website is not very big but has approx. 200 products with dedicated pages and text etc. Why do I get this error? Are 200+ pages not enough? What is the threshold for a dynamic search ad campaign to work?

Thanks

Aleks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The Dynamic Search Ads system doesn't have enough content

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Maybe this article helps

http://www.hmtweb.com/marketing-blog/dynamic-search-ads-google-adwords-seo-impact/

If your content cannot be easily crawled and indexed, you will be at a major disadvantage with dynamic search ads.  Ensure googlebot can easily crawl your site.

Are you providing a XML sitemap ?

No minimum page requirement found in the help pages.

Are you using a complex URL structure that can cause indexation issues ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Aleks,

Did you check this help center reference giving some reasons why DSAs won't work:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549052?hl=en

Check this screenshot of this page specifically:

Dynamic.jpg

You might be interested in reading one of my user article on DSAs:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Dynamic-Search-Ads-What-Why-and-How-to-impleme...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

So in the meantime I've spoken with a Google representative and he said the webpage is in fact on the low end with content which is probably the reason the campaign wouldn't start. He checked by using the keyword tool which showed 160 keyword suggestions for this webpage. It is a metric which indicates how much information the algorithm can use to evaluate fitting advertisments. 

But he also said that Google is constantly and intensely developing the dynamic search ad algorithm and that the threshold is dropping fast. Only a few months ago the threshold was above a few thousand keyword suggestions. Now it is around what my page offers.

Miraculously the campaign started a day after the phone call and I had a few impressions already. So to everyone who thinks his page is probably too small for dynamic search ads: You can prepare a campaign and just start it even if it is below the current threshold. Once Google has enough information or the threshold drops it will automatically start to show dynamic search ads.

By the way. I use dynamic search ads only as a supplement to my other campaigns. I hope I will get some insight which parts of the webpage I didn't advertise too well. Also I hope I will get ideas which keywords and ad texts will bring more paying customers to the page. Once I have this information I can build dedicated campaigns, ad groups and advertisements with those ideas.

Thanks for your support Adrian and Pankaj

Aleks