AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

The Best Keyword Research Method?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

So the Google keyword planner can be a very useful tool, but I find it to be lacking in a very important area. Competition. Currently they generate their competition info like this

"We calculate the number of advertisers bidding on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google. Note that this data is specific to the locations and Search Network targeting that you've selected."

I think there's room for improvement. When you look at the competition for some words it will say low, and then when you actually search the term, it's saturated with ads. This is because it's not accounting for advertisers bidding on modified broad match, broad match, and phrase match terms that also trigger ads for a specific keyword.

I am looking for a keyword tool that more accurately displays competition. What keyword tools would you recommend? I'd love to hears other keyword research methods.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The Best Keyword Research Method?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
I am not familiar with other tools, but if you are asking about the best research method for me, will be the following in brief:-

1: Brainstorm.
2: Search your own site keywords.
3: Search competitors' sites.
4: look at the organic search results related to your search term.
5: Google trends also can be useful.
6: Use Google search Autocomplete.

Hope this adds something new!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Well... Yet, with the vast database Google has - the "keyword planner" should be your primary choice.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
It is. But I want to find a solution to manually searching each term to determine that actual advertiser competitiveness. Always working on getting better and faster Smiley Happy