AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

The A-Z of Seller Rating Extensions!

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hi Community,

Seller Rating extensions show in the form of stars below the ads, primarily to showcase customer's experience with the merchant as opposed to a specific product. This helps online shoppers find highly rated retailers and merchants online by similar online shoppers across the globe.

They not only look visually appealing (they stand out as orange stars) while capitalizing on advertising space, but also show information that can help a customer make an informed decision.

sarahdesignershoes.png

How do I get this great extension?

Unlike most extensions, you don’t need to create this within your account. If you are eligible to show these extensions, they will automatically start to appear. To be eligible, your business must have at least 30 unique reviews -- each from the past 12 months -- and a composite rating of at least 3.5 stars or higher.

Where do I get these ratings from?

You can collect ratings online by using one of these two free options from Google: Google Trusted Stores or Google Consumer Surveys

Also, you can accumulate reviews from any of these independent review websites for your store (please note that there may be costs incurred with using some of these services).

Can I still show Seller Ratings if I'm a service provider and not an E-commerce retailer?

Seller Ratings can be shown below ads by service providers and online retailers as long as they collect ratings using Google Trusted Stores or any of the list of approved independent sources and that your website allows for sale of the product/service online.

What If I'm an online retailer but I do not have a Merchant Center Account/ Product Listing Ads? Can I still show these extensions with my Search Network Campaign?

Absolutely! While Seller Rating extensions are for e-commerce portals and online retailers, you can show them as long as your business must have at least 30 unique reviews -- each from the past 12 months -- and a composite rating of at least 3.5 stars or higher.

It's not necessary to have a Merchant Center account  to show seller rating extensions.

I don't see the option for Seller Rating Extensions in the Ad Extensions Tab?

You don't need to enable or opt into seller rating extensions to show the star ratings below your ad.

For seller ratings to show, you can collect ratings from Google Trusted Stores or any of the list of approved independent sources which will transfer your customers’ ratings to Google, without you having to make any extra settings for this in your AdWords account.

If you want to view the performance of your your seller rating extensions, you can select: Ad Extensions > View: Automated extensions from the View drop-down menu.

I don't want this feature and want to Opt out of it!

If you want to opt out of this feature, you can directly remove it from your campaign. If you change your mind, you can always opt back in using the same form. By default, if you're collecting reviews online, you will be opted in to this feature.

I don't see Seller Ratings for any Merchant on Google Search!

Seller rating extensions can be found only on Google.com, Google.co.uk, Google.co.nz, Google.com.au, Google.de, Google.co.jp, Google.fr, or Google.nl.

I don't see my recent ratings showing below my ad!

Reviews are not added to ad results in real-time, so you may notice a delay between receiving a new review and its addition to your rating in the Google Shopping results. The same is true when a review is removed from a seller rating website.

The seller ratings reviews pipeline can take a few weeks to complete a full cycle and hence the delay in the reviews triggering alongside the ad extension.

Can I use ratings on my Google+ Page as Seller Ratings?

Your ratings on the Google+ Page will only affect social annotations and not the Seller Rating extensions.

However, if you're an Adwords Express Customer, your Places reviews may show below the ads.

My website collects such reviews and ratings for online sellers and service providers. Can I be approved by Google as a source of Ratings?

To follow up on potentially adding any new review partner we will need to understand basic information.  We would request you to fill out the information here and someone from our team will be in touch. The Ratings that your site collects MUST be for the COMPANY/MERCHANT and not individual products. Please note that we may not be able to follow up with each submission, but you will be contacted if we want to add you as a review partner.

I hope this helps, and let us know via a reply comment if you have any more questions 

-Tanya

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The A-Z of Seller Rating Extensions!

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing this great resource Tanya!