AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Thank you page shows as Landing Page. How is it possible?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

I am managing PPC campaign for one of software development company. Since last couple of days In my analytics, Thank you page(my goal page) shows as Landing page. I had checked my campaign and none on them set landing page as thank you page. But since last week I am getting this problem. If any one can have answer then please reply me.

Thanks

Nile

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Thank you page shows as Landing Page. How is it possible?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
1. Somebody in the development team should have visited the thank you page directly. (Or)
2. The customer would have bookmarked the thank you page and would have visited it directly.

These are the two scenarios which would have triggered the thank you page as the landing page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi StructuredPPC,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have blocked my local IP and I have my own developer who are not working from somewhere else. We just think that it might be possible that he has checked from home then it shows direct visit not from source as CPC.

While for second scenario, It is very less possible that user might bookmark my thank you page. But we consider that he/she bookmarked my page then it will again not shown source as CPC.

It is doing from various location with different serach queries and source shows as CPC.

Thanks
Nile

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Ohh, ok. Thanks for the explanation. Then the only option i can think of is the dest url set as the thank you page url which you said is not the case.

Another one i can think of is the redirection issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI StructuredPPC,

I am really appreciating your efforts. I had checked my each and every campaign. There are none of them contains des url as thank you page. I had asked my developer regarding redirection but there are no redirection on thank you page.

I need to search more possibilities for this issue.

Nile

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Nile,

Have you checked to make sure the Analytics code is on every page in your sales funnel? If the page before your thank you page does not have the GA code on it, or if it has an error, the thank you page will appear to be a landing page.

Is this a one or 2 time error or is it for every visit to the page?

You might consider coding the thank you page to re-direct somewhere else if the referrer is not the page you expected, or if the referrer is empty (a direct visit).

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

Thank you for share your experience. I had checked GA code and it is perfect. I have added funnel and I think it is perfect. For redirection, I have set home page while got redirected after 5 seconds.

But issue us same. I also got 1 result with same query...