AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Text ads with an Image

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone!

I know the title sounds quite strange, but surfing the net I found one text ad from my Google Display Network campaign which was beside an image. 

My first thought was that I found like a Beta test of Google, who was trying to associate an Image to the text ad. My "fear" is that I don't have any control over the selection of the picture, I cannot understand from where it comes from, and it could be either related or unrelated with my ad content.

I wonder if you guys know something about that, if this has happened to someone else.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Giorgio N
January 2016

Re: Text ads with an Image

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Giorgio,

I think you are talking either about native text ads or rich media text ads. I have recently been seeing them quite often. My account manager informed me that usually it would pull images from the G+ account. In my case there was no G+ account and it pulled images from an unknown source which wasn't even in the same industry. I therefore asked the ac to opt-out my account from these features. Seems that at some point they will release as beta where you can pick the image

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Can you upload a screenshot of the ad?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
I've never seen anything like that. I do know that some unscrupulous webmasters will code their site in such a way so that text ads are placed right beside a photo to make it appear as if it's part of the site's content and not an ad.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Giorgio N
January 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Giorgio,

I think you are talking either about native text ads or rich media text ads. I have recently been seeing them quite often. My account manager informed me that usually it would pull images from the G+ account. In my case there was no G+ account and it pulled images from an unknown source which wasn't even in the same industry. I therefore asked the ac to opt-out my account from these features. Seems that at some point they will release as beta where you can pick the image

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm sorry, I cannot upload the ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

It might be, but for me it sounds like what Ajela, here below, said.

Thank you very much, I will give you more daitails if I discover something interesting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anjela,

I think you're right. Also my image seems to come from un unknown source. I'll ask more details to my account.
Thank you for helping me.