AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Text ads with an Image

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone!

I know the title sounds quite strange, but surfing the net I found one text ad from my Google Display Network campaign which was beside an image. 

My first thought was that I found like a Beta test of Google, who was trying to associate an Image to the text ad. My "fear" is that I don't have any control over the selection of the picture, I cannot understand from where it comes from, and it could be either related or unrelated with my ad content.

I wonder if you guys know something about that, if this has happened to someone else.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Giorgio N
January 2016

Re: Text ads with an Image

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Giorgio,

I think you are talking either about native text ads or rich media text ads. I have recently been seeing them quite often. My account manager informed me that usually it would pull images from the G+ account. In my case there was no G+ account and it pulled images from an unknown source which wasn't even in the same industry. I therefore asked the ac to opt-out my account from these features. Seems that at some point they will release as beta where you can pick the image

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Can you upload a screenshot of the ad?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
I've never seen anything like that. I do know that some unscrupulous webmasters will code their site in such a way so that text ads are placed right beside a photo to make it appear as if it's part of the site's content and not an ad.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Giorgio N
January 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Giorgio,

I think you are talking either about native text ads or rich media text ads. I have recently been seeing them quite often. My account manager informed me that usually it would pull images from the G+ account. In my case there was no G+ account and it pulled images from an unknown source which wasn't even in the same industry. I therefore asked the ac to opt-out my account from these features. Seems that at some point they will release as beta where you can pick the image

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm sorry, I cannot upload the ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

It might be, but for me it sounds like what Ajela, here below, said.

Thank you very much, I will give you more daitails if I discover something interesting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anjela,

I think you're right. Also my image seems to come from un unknown source. I'll ask more details to my account.
Thank you for helping me.