AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Text ads not getting approved.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I just recently started seperating my camps into search and display only. So in the past my text ad and image ad would both appear on a placment. Now that I have split Camps into display and search I added both text ads and image ads into my DN only groups. But the text ads are not getting approved saying you muct be set up for search for the text ad to appear. But my search only groups have the DN disabled? 

The placments I have ads on show both image ads and text ads. Are these text ads not getting approved because of some other issue? Because thats very rare, my ads get approved. Or will text ads not show on placments in camps that are set for DN only?

I would be very thankful for some good imput.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Text ads not getting approved.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
My assumption is that you are looking at the search diagnosis report. That only works on the search network, not on display.

As far as your text ads when you have the campaigns broken out into display only...

Are you positive your text ads were actually showing on display? Did you use a segment in Google Adwords to check?

If you did, it may be that with new campaigns, the text ads and image ads are competing against each other, and Google is choosing the image vs. text. You may want to put the text ads in separate ad groups, and see if you can get it working...

Hope this helps.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Liz (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I have not seen that messaging before. You should be able to run the text ad on the DN with your image ads. The only thing I can think of is there is there may be another reason the text is not running. Did you mouse over the bubble next to status in your ADS tab? See what messaging pops up?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

It turned out to be an aqpproval of the text ad issue, I got it resolved and approved. can I ask you another weird question. Last week I was working on DN and it was what I call the new look, you could see the keyword that pulled the placment and what KW's were good or not good. This wek it looks like the old look, there is nowhere to see the KW list on DN only? Is there a way to go back and forth between old design or look and new?