AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Text ads and product ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up text ads that are listing and the settings and click-through are fine.

I also have several products that are listed on Google Merchant Centre, submitted from a Google API in a Magento store. These are all shown on (free) product search - which I would like to continue.

I would, however, like to select which of these products is shown for click-through ads - and adjust the rate for each. 

Currently I have the adwords on "Search Network-Standard" so only showing text ads. 

If I change it to "Search Network - All Features" or "Search Network - Product ads" then the product ads will all show at the default click-through rate.

Although I have no problem adjusting the rates for the keywords / text ads - I can find no way to adjust the product ads.  They are either all on or all off - and no way to adjust individual click-through rates.

Please advise how to set this up.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Text ads and product ads

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi hackin8 and welcome,

It sounds like you want to create a separate product listing ads campaign and then use the adwords_grouping or adwords_labels to help you identify, bid and optimise the campaign with.

There is more info on the labels and grouping here

When I have used these in the past they have worked very well. 

When you create your feed an extra column is needed so you can input your grouping or label for each product.

You can then target specifi AdGroups to a label and bid separately on that AdGroup.

Have a look at the link above and let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to help.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Text ads and product ads

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi hackin8 and welcome,

It sounds like you want to create a separate product listing ads campaign and then use the adwords_grouping or adwords_labels to help you identify, bid and optimise the campaign with.

There is more info on the labels and grouping here

When I have used these in the past they have worked very well. 

When you create your feed an extra column is needed so you can input your grouping or label for each product.

You can then target specifi AdGroups to a label and bid separately on that AdGroup.

Have a look at the link above and let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to help.