AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Text Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I would like to know how text ads will benefit a B2B, IT firm in terms of cost, conversions and traffic?

Thans in advance Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Text Ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rupal,

In an Adwords, it's better to run campaign first and as per the statistics you can decide how to increase traffic & conversions at low cost.

Always remember, if you have a strong campaign structure, then you will get more benefit from your campaign.

Thanks,

Aslam

Thanks,

Aslam

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rupal K
June

Text Ads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Rupal K,

It all depends on the goals you have for the purposed advertising... and lots of other variables like website content, ad copy, budget, etc.. 

Also, are you well versed with AdWords or a beginner? This will also matter in the journey. As will... the company's credentials, reputation, branding and maturity (new company with lots of brand recognition or fairly new and unknown).  

Cost? It can be expensive at first, which is typical of advertising.

Conversions? It's all about your website and ad message.

Traffic? You will get more of it to your website... but the quality will depend on website content, ad copy, and targeting.

I own a IT company and I can say that AdWords works with marketing my company. And it has connected me to prospects that are now long term clients. I did find that I had to shift gears from pushing "my services only" to a balance of: branding (25%), services (25%) and solutions to specific problems (50%). This mix has worked well for my company.

All the Best,

James

Text Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @J Clemens,

Thank you for replying.

I am not well versed with AdWords, but also not a beginner. I want to know about text ads in particular. I am currently running Remarketing ads, but want to start with search network ads as well. How effective will be those for an IT company as compared to display network ads?

Text Ads

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Rupal K,

For some the text ads are much more effective since they target searchers with the Google SERPs (search engine results pages). And for some the text ads are about the same as display ads... and yet for others the text ads perform less than display ads. 

I would suggest that you create a campaign with each type and start with a small budget (like $2-5 daily) and play around with each for 7-10 days. Then double the budget for another 7-10 days and then double it again after that. At the 30 day mark, you will be at three times the budget you started with and will have plenty of history, metrics and Analytics to throttle into the next month with whichever one serve you best.

Ideally, you will end up with each campaign type (Search, Display, Video) running with various ad groups tightly defines and with a variety of targeting (placements, keywords, retargeting, demographics, etc..). This will certainly get you a lot of exposure, overall. 

All the Best,

James

Text Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the suggestion @J Clemens, this seems really helpful Smiley Happy