AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Testing Keyword Insertion Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you test keyword insertion ads against regular text ads within the same ad group? I'm trying to test which ad structure would preform better when the same keywords are used.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author StephS
September 2015

Re: Testing Keyword Insertion Ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Yes, you can test this provided both the ads get equal traffic. For this, you'll have to set ad rotation to 'rotate evenly' and compare results when you have considerable data.

You can also use Campaign Experiments. Use one ad under control and the other under experiment, then set 50% experiment, so that both ads are served equal number of times. Then you can keep or discard changes, based on experiment results. More about experiments here.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. Since ad serving is controlled at the campaign level, I would have to set up a new campaign with the new ad group and two ads I'm testing, correct?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Yes, that would be appropriate, as having multiple ad groups or ads would split the traffic and hence make the comparison invalid.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar