AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting via Gmail Sponsored Promotions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

I ve just created a Gmail Sponsored Promotions ads but the performance is too low, my website is about a restaurant, but I don't know how can I target ?? I use Keywords Targeting in 1 ad group same as a placement ( mail.google.com) in the same ad group .

Please advise how can I boost my impressions.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting via Gmail Sponsored Promotions

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Fatima,

Welcome to the community!

First things first, let me tell you, the targeting ideology that you used here is on the right track however it could also be the reason why you are receiving low traffic. Ideally, you should always start out with keeping the two targeting methods separate i.e. in two different campaigns.

By using the two targeting methods in the same adgroup/campaign, you are layering your targeting there by limiting or rather capping you overall visibility. For starters, I would recommend that you split them up and test the campaign for sometime.

If you wish to maintain the layered targeting, then you need to expand on your keywords that you are targeting. Try lateral themes, competitor themes, etc. and test the campaign performance. If you can expand on your keyword basket efficiently and maintain the quality of traffic to your website then you are definitely moving in the right direction here.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"