AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting mobile users in roaming

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

is it possible to target only mobile users in roaming.

For example I want to target only tourists (mobile users in roaming) visiting Rome.

Please tell me whether this is possible to achieve?

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting mobile users in roaming

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

No, I don't think you can. Users are connected to the local (Italian) networks, it's them that know a certain terminal's home network is different than the one they're connected to, and charges them accordingly.

But the system only sees a terminal located in Rome, using, for instance, English as the Google language.

What you could do, in Enhanced Display Campaigns, and for a little longer in Legacy Campaigns is to target languages other than Italian, and people based in Rome.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello 

This is an excellent question - I think Google would like very much to do that;

It cannot; probably; not because Google doesn't want, or "data unavailable"  -  the issue is that Google does not keep  the data. It is stored with the cellular providers. But, I am confident sooner all later, this option will be available.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I hope that this option will be possible soon (summer season is coming) Smiley Happy