AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Optimization- Effect on App Download Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I wanted to know the effect of 'Targeting optimization', on 7 days new user App download campaign.

For example:

I have a created an app download campaign for the users using mobile from last 7 days.

So, what if I select Target Optimization also in that. Will it start showing the ads to the users those who are older than 7 days or it will only help me to show my ads to new placements?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting Optimization- Effect on App Download Campaign

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Targeting optimization works a bit differently from how you described. Targeting optimization will find you new customers outside of your currently set targeting. For contextual targeting this might expand the placements your ad shows on, but for remarketing, this expands the targeting outside of your remarketing list. So this would likely target users who have not interacted with your app previously. The feature works by finding users who, based on the attributes of the people already in your remarketing list, have a high likelihood of converting at a similar CPA.

You can read up more on Targeting Optimization here.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have additional questions.
Cassie