AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Mobiles with Enhanced Campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In the context of the New "Enhanced Campaigns" mode...

I have an email from a Google rep instructing me to make my mobile Ads more mobile friendly, and she cites as an example "insert 'Call Now' "   OK. 

However, I undertand the little check box I click to specify Mobile preference for these mobile specific ads, does not prevent the ad from appearing in desktop/tablet devices. 

I am not understanding the logic behind making an ad mobile oriented, but allowing it to show on desktop. 

To be clear, can someone please confirm how this works...

1.  Have two Ads - no preference for mobile specfiied - any ad eligible for mobile device.

2.  Have two Ads - one with a mobile preference selected -

-Both Ads could go to the Desktop, w/o any bias against using the "preferred mobile ad"

-Both Ads could go to Mobile, with a bias for using the "selected mobile ad" more often.

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting Mobiles with Enhanced Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PPCBuilders,

I will try to answer the two questions.

1. Have two Ads - no preference for mobile specfiied - any ad eligible for mobile device. - Correct

2. Have two Ads - one with a mobile preference selected -

-Both Ads could go to the Desktop, w/o any bias against using the "preferred mobile ad" – Here the preference (bias) will be for the ad without mobile preference.

-Both Ads could go to Mobile, with a bias for using the "selected mobile ad" more often. - Correct

If you want to target mobile deviceswith your campaign, the ideal choice will be having at least one ad without mobile preference in your ad group, so this ad will be preffered for desktop.

Please go through the earlier thread below for some great insights.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Targeting-Mobile-only-with-Enhanced-campaigns/m-p...

Hope this helps,

Deepak