AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Mobiles with Enhanced Campaigns- wifi/phone network options

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client that has a mobile only site. It's not an app, but the site is only use-able on a mobile phone (the site is age verified by a text message - so the user has to be on a UK mobile network to access)

There is no point advertising the site to computer/tablet/desktop users as they will not be able to access it.

I have lowered by max bids, and upped by mobile bids by 300% as recommended to try to only get mobiles viewing my ads. But this is does not have the level of control I would like, and is not full proof.

I also now cannot find the way of choosing mobile traffic (ie which phone networks (ie Vodafone, 3, 02 etc) and whether to include wifi or not) Again I would like these options. Does anyone know how to access these settings now in enhanced campaigns?

I would like it if google could separate desktop, tablet  and mobile ads. (I have emailed google about this)

I think google need to give users more options here, as not all traffic is suitable for all  devices.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting Mobiles with Enhanced Campaigns- wifi/phone network opti

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
This concern of yours has raised by many advertisers, and was brought to the attention of Google. Google is aware. Whether or not Google will change / update biding options for desktops - remains to be seen.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’