AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Mobile only with Enhanced campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What if I bid more on the base bid, lets say 15$. and then I set the Location adjustment to around -50% decreasing from base bid

and then my mobile adjustment to around 200%.

will that bid on desktop: 7.5$

and on mobile 200% of 15$ which is 45$ =

total of 7.5$ + 45$ = 52.5$ ?

If so, that is a way to raise the gap between the desktop bid and mobile bid. its almost as if the +300% on mobile range would be higher…

am I correct???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Targeting Mobile only with Enhanced campaigns

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Avi,

Mobile devices have a location too, location is determined based on IP address, GPS, WiFI or Cell tower ID, depending on what's available. So using a location bid adjustment to target desktops only will not work as you expect (if I understood you correctly)

When both location & device bid adjustments are in place, both will be combined. In your example, a mobile device in your targeted location will get a bid adjustment of 50% because of location and a bid adjustment of 200% because of device, so you just end up with your based bid.

So indeed, the only way to create a gap between mobile and non-mobile is to use the +300% bid adjustment on mobile.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Targeting Mobile only with Enhanced campaigns

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Avi,

Mobile devices have a location too, location is determined based on IP address, GPS, WiFI or Cell tower ID, depending on what's available. So using a location bid adjustment to target desktops only will not work as you expect (if I understood you correctly)

When both location & device bid adjustments are in place, both will be combined. In your example, a mobile device in your targeted location will get a bid adjustment of 50% because of location and a bid adjustment of 200% because of device, so you just end up with your based bid.

So indeed, the only way to create a gap between mobile and non-mobile is to use the +300% bid adjustment on mobile.